Saturday, February 4, 2017

January is Over


I can't believe January is over already. One twelfth of the year is gone. That went by so fast! I was trying to think of a good post for today, but then I started seeing everyone doing their monthly wrap-ups. My problem was solved. Then I realized that this will be my first wrap-up. :P



Writing

Haha, yeah, that... I actually didn't do as much of this as I had planned. We were off to a great start... the first week. The first round of edits on Strangers was off to a really good start. But as the month went on, I started writing less and less. Sometime in January (I don't remember when, I just know it happened) I started writing another book, which is the third in the Strangers series (it doesn't have a title yet). And yes, there is a second, and even a fourth, I just didn't work on those this month.


Books

I didn't get as much reading done as I was hoping. I only read five books, so I'm a little behind on my reading goal for this year. But I started reading four books to and got halfway through each one. So obviously, this means I read seven. :P

To Know Her by Name by Lori Wick       Whispers of Moonlight by Lori Wick       Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer       The Fiddler by Beverly  Lewis       Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury                            
                                          
My favorite was Whispers of Moonlight and my least favorite was The Fiddler. I did really like The Fiddler, I just had to say it was my least favorite because that one only got four stars while the rest received five. :P



Blogging

Well, as you can see, I started a blog. :P I already have ten followers (I didn't think I would even have five by the end of the month). So thanks, guys! :D And I had four posts in January:






Other News

Well, other than everything above, not much really happened. Unfortunately, I seem to be tired all the time, and last month I don't think there was a day that I felt well rested. This whole winter has been different from previous winters. As you may know, I've graduated, so I'm no longer in school. But this winter is the first in the past eight years that I haven't played basketball. Definitely took a little getting used to.
I have told a few people already that I plan/hope to put some snippets on My Writings page soon. I'll try to have that done by the end of this month.


How was your January? Have you read any good books? How's the writing going?

10 comments:

  1. YEAH-YUUH 10 FOLLOWERS ALREADY?? Go you! *high fives* Five books is great though- but the only one I've read of those is Hope Was Here WHICH IS A FANTASTIC BOOK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! *accepts high five* Yes, Hope Was Here is a fantastic book! You might like Fahrenheit 451 (the other authors books are geared more towards girls). But you might also like The Fiddler. Even though it looks like it's a love story, it isn't really. It's so much more than that. I reviewed the book on goodreads if you want to check it out.

      Delete
  2. Awesome first month of blogging! You're rockin' it with followers :D

    I hope this month is a better writing month for you. I didn't feel it either :P

    Snippets? *waits impatiently* ;-)

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Audrey! :D

      Yeah, hopefully. :P I hope writing is better for you to.

      It's such a great feeling knowing that so many people want to read snippets of your book. :D

      Delete
  3. Oooh Whispers of Moonlight is such a pretty title *nods* And YAY FOR FIRST WRAP UP!! *applauds* I have been blogging for almost a year now and still have never done one ... *sheepish grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty title, isn't it? It's also a really good book. Definitely recommend it. :D Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, those books look so good! Which was your favorite out of the Lori Wick ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really good. I would have to say that Whispers of Moonlight was my favorite. :D

      Delete
  5. I feel you on getting distracted by other stories. I'm constantly battling the temptation to attack the shiny new (or patiently-waiting old) ideas in my backlog. But as long as you're making progress on something... :) I'm actually behind you on reading, I think, because I'm in that stage where I obsessively edit and don't do much else besides showering in the morning. *sighs* Congrats on your first (and now second) successful month of blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is probably the first time I've ever been ahead of you. :P Well, obsessively editing isn't a bad thing, as long as you're getting things accomplished. In my opinion anyway. Thank you! I'm definitely enjoying it. :)

      Delete