Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Welcome to My Blog

Hello, friends, enemies, those of you who are on the fence. Welcome to my blog! This is my first blog ever, so I'm really excited and, at the same time, really nervous.

Why I'm Here

1) I love to write. This blog will allow me to write more, practice writing, and *gulp* share my writing. It will also help me to figure out, understand, and organize my own thoughts. (It's a confusing place, my head.)

2) Encouragement. I think that everyone needs encouragement, to a certain degree anyway. I want to encourage others, and this is one of the ways I can do that. As an aspiring author, I myself, will need a lot of encouragement. Those of you who are writers, know exactly why I say that. Writing is no walk in the park, people! On the contrary, writing is actually pretty much in between fun and torture. Okay, fine. It's usually a lot closer to torture.

3)  Connecting. I want to connect with other aspiring authors and already published authors. I want to give and receive help, tips, and encouragement from people who love writing as much as I do. Besides, fellow writers are really the only ones who can understand and relate to the struggles all writers go through, in my opinion.

I will say that there are a few blogs that I've been following for, roughly, the past nine months. Obviously, that means I know exactly what I'm doing. Not really. Any advice or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Because I'm new at this, I don't know how often I will be posting. Right now, I'm shooting for at least once a week. Who knows, maybe it will end up being more. :)

But I don't want to leave without giving a huge thank you to Liz @ Out of Coffee, Out of Mind for taking the time to help me set up this blog. She was also the one who came up with the title. Isn't she creative? Thank you so much, Liz!

10 comments:

  1. Yay, you have a blog! I've been super terrible about keeping up with blogs I follow this year, but ... I'm following yours now! :D Can't wait to see what you create :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, my first comment and follower! Thank you! :) Oh, you're not alone. I'm finding that the more bloggers I follow, the harder it gets to keep up with all of them.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! That was me almost a year ago, except I wasn't really following any blogs either, so I had very little idea how to do it. XD Love your blog name, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, it looked to me like you caught on pretty quickly. :D Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world! It's so exciting to have you here, and I look forward to future posts! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. *bursts onto the scene* *trips on a fallen banner* *accidentally spills confetti everywhere* Welcome to the blogosphere! Sorry I'm late, but I brought coffee.

    Okay, so I drank the coffee on the way over.

    Oops.

    But welcome! I'm so glad you're blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you! :) Well, it's the thought that counts. :P I'm so glad that I'm blogging to, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it??

      Delete
  5. WELCOOOOME!!!! *offers coffee since Liz drank it all* can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete