Sunday, October 1, 2017

ONE MONTH LEFT! // 5 Things To Do


Guys guys guys! There is only ONE MORE MONTH UNTIL NANOWRIMO!! XD Like, how are we so close I'm not ready!

But I will be. . . hopefully. :P Although I still have a lot to do, I think I've got myself pretty organized for this month. Just yesterday, I bought a dry erase board (because apparently, these things are helping other writers?). I drew up the month of October and figured out what I'm going to do, in the writing department, each day. I already feel better about this month. :)

So I, myself, have five things to do before November, and I figured I'd share them with you all. :)


1. Outline

Yes, I still have to outline. I'm going to be writing three novels, possible four, for NaNo. Right now, I only have a few notes for each of them, and I've started making Pinterest boards for them too. I don't even have characters yet, except for one, and that's only because it's a sequel. :P But I'm not going to do what I did last year, and not even start outlining until two week before NaNo. There was a good reason though, and that was because it wasn't until two weeks before NaNo that I decided that I was going to do it. :P

You may be wondering why I'm writing three novels for NaNo, so I'll tell you. Last year, I didn't think I would make the 50k, especially since it was my first year/time doing something like that. But I finished the novel I had outlined by the 14th, and then had to find other novels to write. My final word count total was 105,501. This year my goal is 150,000 so I'm trying to make sure that I have enough novels outlined. It's also helpful because if one is giving me a hard time, I can switch to another one and keep my word count going up.


2. Playlists

You probably already know that I'm one of those writers who listens to music while I write. So I need to make playlists. Trust me, you don't want to in the middle of NaNo trying to make a playlist or figuring out what you're going to listen to. It takes time, time you could be using to write. So if you're a writer who maybe needs music to write, I highly suggest making playlists before November. I have an idea of how I'm going to create playlists, I just need to do it now. :P

Also, I'm now on Spotify! :D


3. Caffeine

In case you didn't know, I loove coffee. ;P And I need to make sure that I am all stocked up for November. Creamer too. Why? Because I don't plan on sleeping. Sleep is for the weak. Just kidding, I'll be sleeping. :P But anyway, if you have something that you drink or eat while writing, I suggest stocking up so that you don't have to make a run to the store in the middle of the month. Because if you are behind on your word count, then having to go to the store is just going to waste the time you could spend writing your novel.


4. Word Sprints/Wars

Between now and November, I am going to be doing word sprints, and hopefully word wars too. I want to practice writing large amounts at a time, and limber up my fingers for NaNo. It wouldn't be a bad thing to do if you want to practice too. Or you could be like me and practice writing a whole novel in a month. :P Yup, that's right. I have to write 41,500 words of Strangers this month before I can give it to my alpha readers in November. (Don't worry, my alpha readers aren't doing NaNoWriMo so it's not going to cause any problems.)

So I encourage all of you to do word sprints every now and then. I'm actually looking for someone, or multiple people, who would like to do word wars with me this month (and possibly in November too), so if you're interested let me know! :)


5. Panic

Hahaha! Yeah, I added this one partly because five is a nice number. :P But to be honest, it's not necessarily a bad thing to add to this. May as well get it out of my system. Besides, I plan on having this one done by the 15th. After that, I am not allowed to panic. The two weeks before NaNo starts I want to spend getting myself hyped and excited for November, not panicking.


So those are the five things I'm doing this month. At some point, I'm thinking I'll do a post on the novels I'll be writing for NaNoWriMo this month. You guys don't know anything about them yet, and I'm kind of excited to share them with you. :)


So what about you? What do you have to do this month to get ready for NaNoWriMo?

11 comments:

  1. You just got me hyped up about Nano Wrimo myself!! lol
    I have a novel idea...I'm going to start outlining soon. It's not fully thought out with the plot or characters but I have just about enough to get me started. I just want to make sure it's not one that Jesus wants me to write...because I get a lot of book ideas but a lot of them actually never get very far. I <3 this post!!

    - Lilly Shyree (alillyingodsgarden.blogpspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I MEANT: I want to make sure it IS one Jesus wants me to write. lol

      Delete
    2. Yay! I'm glad I managed to get you excited for NaNo, haha!

      Ahh that's great! I'm glad you have a novel idea, but I totally get wanting to make sure that it's the one that God wants you write. :) Thank you, Lilly!! <3

      Delete
  2. Haha great list (especially the last one lol). I hope you can get it all done before NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait...wait...wait.... Did I read that right? Your goal isn 150k?!?! Girl, you're superwoman!! I've only written 157k so far this year! O.O *high five* You're awesome! (Great list, btw. ;D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, you read that right. Aw, thank you, Faith!! <3 (btw you've written a LOOOT more than I have so far this year XD Nice job! :D)

      Delete
  4. Three novels for NaNo?? Holy crap, Karyssa! Wow. That is a formidable challenge and goal. I am nowhere near as ambitious as you. XD That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm gonna try writing three novels. I'm a little nervous though since this is only my second year doing NaNo, and I've never written more than one novel at a time. XD Thanks, Emily! :D

      Delete
  5. 150 K?? Girl, you are so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Haha, I'm only that fast during NaNo. :P Any other time of the year, and I'm like so slow. XD

      Delete