Saturday, May 13, 2017

My Firsts!


So, since I'm on vacation, I figured it be a good time to share something with you. Today I will be sharing some poetry... that I wrote... myself. I've only been writing poetry for about a month, maybe more, so I'm not very good yet. So far, I've only tried free verse, and the following two poems are the first ones I've ever written. I hope you like them. :)


All Those Times

All those times
We laughed at the stars,
And how they could not decide
Whether to shine or not.
When really,
It reflected the choice
We struggled to make ourselves.

Can I show my true colors,
The real me
I want so desperately
For someone to understand?
Or will I be rejected,
Tossed aside
And once again
Labeled nothing, trivial?

I feel as if
It will never end.
Maybe it will always
Be this way.
They say that
Some things never change,
And maybe that is true.

But I have to believe
That one day,
I will find my light,
Just like one of those stars.
And I will shine
For all I am worth,
For I have found
My place in the night sky.


Hiding

Hiding,
You are hiding
Something.
By why?
Have I not done enough
To gain your trust?
I have shared so much
About myself.
And even though
You have too,
I feel that there is still
So much more.
So much more that
Not even the closest to you
Has seen.
You keep your true self
Under lock and key.
For such a warm
And caring person,
You seem to be suspicious
About everyone
And everything.
But let me tell you
One thing,
And that is,
You can be yourself
With me.


What about you? Do you like poetry? Do you write poetry, or at least tried to?

14 comments:

  1. They're so good! Like, wow!!
    I write poetry, or at least I try to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Really? You should totally share some on your blog sometime. :D

      Delete
  2. Wow great job! I was thinking about trying my hand at some visual poetry soon. But you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Yes, you should do it! It's so much fun once you start. :D

      Delete
  3. THAT WAS AWESOME. Free verse poetry is just SO COOL. I used to really hate poetry, but several months ago, I tried it, and now I write TON. (but I don't share it ;). I definitely wouldn't call myself a great poet, but there's something about stringing words together like this that really draws me.

    Great job! <3

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Audrey! :) Yeah, it's not nearly as hard to write free verse as I thought. Oh my word, yes, I used to hate poetry too! You do? You should share some sometime. :D I know what you mean. Once I started writing my first poem, I was like, "Wow, I actually REALLY like this."

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. ACK SO GOOD. <3 I had no idea you were such a great poet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to both those poems! They really spoke to me. Excellent job, especially for your "firsts". I'd love to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany! :D Yes, I'll probably share more sometime. I'm glad you liked them! :)

      Delete
  6. These were lovely, Karyssa!! :) Free verse poetry is sooo pretty and yours are amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I like. Free verse poetry is my favorite, both to write and to read. :)

    ReplyDelete