Saturday, September 2, 2017

August Wrap Up


Well. August was quite eventful. . . Okay, I'm really not very good at beginning wrap-ups. I feel like when you guys read this, you're all just like, "Someone put her out of her misery." So I'll just get this show on the road. :P



Writing

Um. . . I wrote next to nothing last month. :P It's horrible, I know. I did work on fixing some important details for Strangers though. I plan on finishing that within the next two months so it can go out to my alpha readers in November.

I've worked a little on the outlines for the two novels I'm going to write for NaNoWriMo this year. Yes, I've already started thinking and planning for NaNo. So far, I know that I'm going to write at least two novels. There have been a few times where I'm just like, "I am SO ready for NaNoWriMo!" And then I'm like, "Ha! Yeah, right. You're not even close to being ready." :P

Also, an idea for another novel hit me while I was on my walk this morning. It has me really excited. :D I should make a Pinterest board for it. I should probably add this one and my fantasy one to my writings page. But if I do that, I want to give them titles. I've noticed that some of you give some of your WIP titles before they're even in the outlining stage. How do you do it?


Reading

*nervous laughter* *awkward silence* Yeah, we're kind of failing in this department. :P Of the ten books I had with me at camp, I didn't finish one. Not a whole lot of reading time. The only book I finished this month was Tyra by Jaye L. Knight. Okay, it's technically a short story, but it counts towards my reading goal on Goodreads. And, speaking of my reading goal, I am currently sixteen books behind schedule. . . So we have some catching up to do. I'm hoping to get more reading done this month. :P 


Blogging

Besides my wrap up for July, this was my only post for the month of August:



Other bloggers posts for last month:



I'm still working on catching up on everyone's blog posts.


Other

So. I'm back from camp. The last day for me was August 16th. This was a great summer at camp, and, of all nine summers I've spent there, it was by far my favorite. I learned a lot, and had so. much. fun. :)

Last Friday, my family and I went over to my grandparents where we met with my three older siblings, who are all married and live all over the place. It's been six and a half years since all five of us kids have been together. We had a ton of fun! The two nights that we were over there, the five of us stayed up late playing games, making a lot of jokes, and laughing nonstop. :D Then on Monday, we came back, and my older brother and one of my older sisters came too. They stayed here all week and left this morning.

If you follow me on Instagram, at some point you'll see some pictures from this past week.

And that was my month! :)


What about you? How was your month? Are you getting ready for NaNoWriMo?

10 comments:

  1. OMW NANOWRIMO IS APPROACHING WHAT AM I DOING ONLINE? ? ? ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, what are you doing? Go get ready for NaNo, haha! ;P

      Delete
  2. WAIT. Jaye L. Knight has a short story about Tyra?!?!? I MUST READ THIS. I had no clue there was even such a thing xD

    I have mixed feelings about NaNo. I have a novel idea, but I'm not sure how it will turn out...

    I'm sorry that you didn't get much writing/blogging done this month! I hope you have more time in the coming months :)

    <3
    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does! It was good, you need to read it! :D

      I know the feeling. :P I have two new novel ideas and I'm trying to figure out which one will probably have a better turn out.

      Thanks! I hope so too. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great month, Karyssa! :D Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Thank you, Faith! I hope you have a great September too! :D

      Delete
  4. I loved Tyra!!! Actually, I love the entire series...

    NaNo Prep already??? *checks calendar* SINCE WHEN HAVE WE BEEN SO CLOSE?!?!!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was good! I really like the series too. :)

      I know right? When I noticed how close we are, I was like, "Ah! I not ready!" I'm getting there though. :)

      Delete
  5. Speaking of failing in the reading department... *coughs* School has been interfering with my reading! :D

    Hope you have an amazing rest of September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Just it's not school that's interfering for me, it's all this writing I have to do. :P

      Thank you, Zane! I hope you have a great September too! :D

      Delete